Followers

Thursday 7 March 2013

Lavinia Stamps and Distress Inks

Hi Everyone

Sorry I have been absent but it is really annoying when having to go to work gets in the way of crafting!  As Mother's Day is early this year I have had an extra busy time this is because I also have three birthdays at the same time!  Every evening I have come home had a microwave meal (Hubby is away on business and he usually does the cooking even though I have cooking certificates!!) and gone straight to the craft room.  Cards have now all been done so thought I would show you one plus a money wallet this evening.

The first is the money wallet - suddenly remembered I needed one as I was off to bed and so slapped around with the distress inks and added these stunning poppies from Lavinia Stamps and the card was complete in fifteen minutes!  Interestingly I also made a card for the same person and it was this money wallet she fell in love with.  The colours in real life are much deeper.

 
 
I then made this one for a male work colleague - no frills as it had to be posted and I was quite pleased with it.  I have been going along to some workshops run by my best crafty mate Eileen - check out her website here and if you can get in to any of workshops (they are always over-subscribed) do go along, they are great fun and you learn a lot too.  Eileen has introduced me to distress inks (and pan pastels) and I love them.
 

These are all Lavinia Stamps - they are so versatile and you can make some fantastic cards.  Remember to check out the Lavinia Challenge Blog as there is a fantastic prize for the winner.

Well I think I have said enough for one night and hopefully made up for my absence.  See you soon. Kx
 

3 comments:

Pauline Butcher said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous Karen, so simple but very effective, I love them. Hugs P xxx

Eileen said...

Ooooo ... good work here and thanks for the links and kind words .. love 'em both but the second one is just fabulous!
E xx

Wendy said...

These are fab Karen! absolutely love the poppies, I've got that stamp but haven't used it yet...will do now you have inspired me!! xxxx